Have you ever, at any one time, had the feeling that life is bad,           你有沒有感受過, 生命並不好過, 而你希望

real bad, and you wish you were in another situation? You find life            你不在那個環境中? 你覺得生命是痛苦的,

make things difficult for you, work sucks, life sucks, everything seems           工作不好, 生命不好, 所有事都不對勁?

to go wrong...

 

Read the following story... it may change your views about life:-               以下的故事, 可能另你改變對生命的看法:

 

After a conversation with one of my friends, he told me despite                                我和一位朋友傾談, 他說雖然有兩份工作,

taking 2 jobs, he brings back barely above 1K per month, he is happy as           而每月的收入僅僅稍逾一千元, 但他已很

he is. I wonder how he can be as happy as he is considering he has to                   高興了. 我很奇怪他還可以那麼開心, 因為

skimp his life with the low pay to support a pair of old parents,                    他的收入微薄, 要節衣縮食才可以供養他

in-laws, a wife, 2 daughters and the many bills of a household. He                     年邁的父母, 他的岳父母, 太太, 兩個女兒,

explained that it was through one incident that he saw in India... that           還有一般家庭的各項開支. 他解釋說, 是因

happened a few years ago when he was really feeling low and touring                  為一次在數年前他在印度目睹的事件, 當

India after a major setback. He said that right in front of his very              時他因為一次重大的挫折, 心情低落, 所以

eyes, he saw an Indian mother chop off her child's right hand with a              到印度散散心. 他說他親眼看到一個印度

chopper                                                                                                                                        婦人用割肉刀將她兒子的右手切下了.

 

The helplessness in the mother's eyes, the scream of pain from                         那婦人的無助的眼神, 那四歲的稚童痛苦

the innocent 4 year old child haunted him until today.                                       的呻吟, 至今仍令他難以釋懷.

 

You may ask why did the mother do so; had the child been naughty,                   你可能會問: 為什麼那母親要這樣做? 是

had the child's hand been infected?? No, it was done for two simple           否她的小孩太頑皮, 或是他的手受到感染?

words - - -TO BEG!                                                                                                            都不是! 原來只是為了行乞!

 

The desperate mother deliberately caused the child to be handicapped so           那絕望的母親特意把孩子弄成傷殘, 使他

that the child could go out to the streets to beg. Taken aback by the            可以在街上行乞. 我的朋友被嚇呆了. 

scene, he dropped a piece of bread he was eating half-way. And almost               把他吃到一半的麵包放下, 隨即有五六個

instantly, a flock of 5 or 6 children swamped towards this small piece           小孩湧至, 爭著這片佈滿沙石的麵包, 就如

of bread which was covered with sand, robbing bits from one another.             面對飢餓時的自然反應.

the natural reaction of hunger.

 

Stricken by the happenings, he instructed his guide to drive him                        他對這情景很吃驚, 他著他的導遊開車把

to the nearest bakery. He arrived at two bakeries and bought every             送到最近的麵包店. 他去到其中兩家, 把它

single loaf of bread he found in the bakeries. The owner was                           們所有的麵包都買下來.  麵包店的老闆很

dumbfounded but willingly sold everything.                                                                    愕然, 不過還是願意把所有的都賣給他.

 

He spent less than $100 to obtain about 400 loaves of bread (this                他花了不足一百元, 就買到約四百塊麵包

is less than 0.25 per loaf) and spent another $100 to get daily                         (即每塊少於25仙), 又用了一百元去買一些

necessities.                                                                                                                          日用品.

 

Off he went in the truck full of bread into the streets. As he                             於是, 他坐在一部載滿麵包的貨車往街上

distributed the bread and necessities to the children (mostly                            去. 當他分發麵包和日用品給那些大部份

handicapped) and a few adults, he received cheers and bows from these                  是傷殘的兒童時, 他們都報以歡喜和鞠躬.

unfortunate. For the first time in his life he wondered how people can     就是這樣, 他在生命中第一次想到人們怎

give up their dignity for a loaf of bread which cost less than $0.25.           麼可以為一片價值不足25仙的麵包而放棄

                                                                                                                                                     自己的尊嚴.

 

He began to tell himself how fortunate he is. How fortunate he is                     他開始對自己說他是多麼的幸運 他有

to be able to have a complete body, have a job, have a family, have the           個完整的身軀, 有一份工作, 有個家庭, 有

chance to complain what food is nice and what isn't, have the chance to 機會抱怨食品的好與壞, 有機會穿衣服, 有

be clothed, have the many things that these people in front of him are     機會擁有很多這些人沒有的東西. 現在, 我

deprived of...Now I begin to think and feel it, too! Was my life really       開始想到, 和感受到! 我的生命是否真的

that bad? Perhaps... no, I should not feel bad at all...What about you?    那麼差? 也許..我就覺得不是那麼差, 你呢?

 

Maybe the next time you think you are, think about the child who                          或者下一次你覺得自己的生命很差的時候,

lost one hand to beg on the streets.                                                                                       想想那個因為行乞失去了一隻手的小孩吧!

 

"Contentment is not the fulfilment of what you want,it is the                            「滿足感」不是來自滿足於你想要的, 而

realization of how much you already have."                                                                 是了解到你所擁有的是那麼多.

          

When the door of happiness closes, another opens, but often times               當快樂之門關上時, 另一道門就會打開, 但

we look so long at the closed door that we don't see the one which has      很多時我們只盯著已關的門而沒有看到已

been opened for us.                                                                                                            為我們打開的那道門.

 

It's true that we don't know what we've got until we lose it, but                的確, 我們要到失去時才知到我們擁有, 但

it's also true that we don't know what we've been missing until it           我們亦要到東西來臨才知道我們沒有它們.

arrives.

 

Giving someone all your love is never an assurance that they'll                       對人付出所有的愛並不能確保他們同樣愛

love you back!                                                                                                                              你!

 

Don't expect love in return; just wait for it to grow in their                          不要期望愛人會有回報; 只管讓愛在他們

heart but if it doesn't, be content it grew in yours.                                           的心中成長, 但如果沒有成長, 那便滿足於

                                                                                                                                                     愛已在你的心中成長.

 

It takes only a minute to get a crush on someone, an hour to like                    一分鐘便可以摧毀一個人, 一小時便可以

someone, and a day to love someone, but it takes a lifetime to forget                   喜歡一個人, 一天便可以愛一個人, 但要

someone.                                                                                                                                       一生人的時間才可以忘記一個人.

 

Don't go for looks; they can deceive. Don't go for wealth; even                         不要只看外表, 因為它會欺騙你;

that fades away.                                                                                                                            不要只看財富, 因為它會褪色.

 

Go for someone who makes you smile because it takes only a smile                           找一個能令你微笑的人, 因為一個微笑就

to make a darkday seem bright. Find the one that makes your heart                可以令你心情變好. 找一個可以令你會心

smile.                                                                                                                                  微笑的人.

 

There are moments in life when you miss someone so much that you                                有時候, 你對一個人的掛念, 足以令你從

just want to pick them from your dreams and hug them for real!                                 夢想中抓他們出來, 擁抱他們!

 

Dream what you want to dream; go where you want to go; be what                         追尋你的夢想, 去你想去的地方, 做一個

you want to be, because you have only one life and one chance to do all           你想做的人, 因為你只活一次, 亦只得一

the things you want to do.                                                                                                  次機會去做所有你想做的事.

 

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet, enough trials to                   祝你有足夠的快樂令你甜蜜, 足夠的嘗試

make you strong, enough sorrow to keep you human, enough hope to make             令你堅強, 足夠的傷感令你有血有肉, 足夠

you happy.                                                                                                                                   的希望令你快樂.

 

Always put yourself in other's shoes. If you feel that it hurts                      常常從別人的角度去想.  如這角度令你受

you, it probably hurts the other person, too.                                                         到傷害, 它一樣在傷害對方.

 

The happiest of people don't necessarily have the best of                                            最快樂的人不一定擁有所有最好的東西;

everything; they just make the most of everything that comes along             他們只是把握和珍惜所有他們得到的東西.

their way.

 

Happiness lies for those who cry, those who hurt, those who have                         那些會哭、會受傷害、曾經尋覓、曾經嘗

searched, and those who have tried, for only they can appreciate the                      試的人是快樂的, 因為他們珍惜那些曾經

importance of people who have touched their lives.                                              擦過他們生命的人的重要性.

 

Love begins with a smile, grows with a kiss and ends with a tear.               愛由一個微笑開始, 經過擁吻而成長, 以一

The brightest future will always be based on a forgotten past, you               滴淚結束. 最美好的將來永遠都建基於已

can't go on well in life until you let go of your past failures and                被遺忘的過去. 你的生命不會順利, 除非你

heartaches.                                                                                                                          放下你過去的失敗和痛苦.

 

When you were born, you were crying and everyone around you was                             當你出生的時候, 你在哭而你周圍的人都

smiling. Live your life so that when you die, you're the one who is                在微笑. 用心過活, 使你在死時, 你在微笑

smiling and everyone around you is crying.                                                                            而你周圍的人都在哭

 

Please send this message to those people who mean something to                       請將這訊息傳至那些對你重要、在某方面

you, to those who have touched your life in one way or another, to                影響過你、在你需要時令你微笑、在你失

those who make you smile when you really need it, to those that make                   落時令你看得正面、和你想令他們知道你

you see the brighter side of things when you are really down, to those         珍惜與他們的友誼的人.

who you want to let them know that you appreciate their friendship.